Sunday 29 January 2012

SEAA Cross Country Championships

Yesterday was the SEAA Cross Country Championships at Stanmer Park in Brighton. It was a long day, waking up at 6.30am and eventually hitting the pillow at 2am! 

It was a lovely sunny, but freezing day, in the morning the cold was making my knee a little achy. As soon as I started to warm up it loosened off. my race was 6k this time, so 1k more than I'm used to, but to be honest I didn't really notice. I didn't go off to fast, which paid off and I ended up having a really good race. My knee was niggling on the second lap, but just worked through it and came down the last hill into the final straight!


After the race I did a 5min cool down jog. Watching the other races I got cold again and my legs got stiff but I had a nice massage this evening and its all good. At the end of the Cross Country we had a nice but long walk back to the bus to drop off our sport kit and collect out evening bags.

We all went for a lovely meal and then out to a bar for the evening!

Great weekend!

Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment