Monday 9 April 2012

Tonbridge Open Meeting

Woke up this morning looked outside at the wind and rain and thought what a lovely day for a race...NOT!! Bad weather aside I did want to run the 1mile race today, to see where I am fitness wise. Dad and I  picked Angela up at 9 and off we went.
 There was lots of talented athletes on the start line including Bobby Clay who has won every cross country race of the season including world schools!!! So I went into the race, focusing on a good time for me. I ran it in 6.43, so a bit slower than I would have liked, I would have been happy with about 6.30, but in my defence it was very very wind and quite cold!

After the race and cool down my quads felt a little tight, so I decided not to run the 3000m. Then we all went inside for a cup of tea and chocolate muffin!

Training at the club tomorrow!

Lucy x




No comments:

Post a Comment