Sunday 8 April 2012

I'm Back!!!!!

Have been so terrible at blogging over the last few months, but to be honest haven't really had a lot to tell you! I had a bit of a break but now I'm back to normal training!! Woohoo

I did the track session at the Julie Rose Stadium on Saturday morning-

1.5 mile warm up

300m, 200m   X4
100m strides   X3

My 300m splits were  1.04, 1.03, 1.00 and 1.02
My 200m splits were  0.41, 0.38, 0.37 and 0.38

I was really surprised with how fast I was doing my reps and that I kept them consistent, because I felt like I was getting slower.

Then 1mile jog and stretches to cool off.


In the afternoon Dad took me up to the Sweatshop to check out some track spikes, as where it had been raining the paint on the track was very slippery. I tried on my two favourite brands Nike and Adidas. The Nike were very nice but the Adidas were just too comfortable to pass up!

Tomorrow there is an open track meeting at Tonbridge, so that will be a nice opportunity to break them in! I'm going to enter the 1mile race at 10.45am and then possibly the 3000m at 2.30pm. Its early on in the track season and all I really want to do is look at my times and gauge were I am in comparison to last year. Like I said I've had a bit of a break so i'm not expecting anything special, just want to compare the times really!

Lucy x






2 comments: