Monday 14 May 2012

Kent Champs

Yesterday was the Kent Track & Field Championships at the Julie Rose Stadium in Ashford. I had entered 2 races, the 1500m and the 2000sc. First up was the 1500m and after watching Joel's race on Saturday I was getting very nervous. I went for a 1.5mile jog to warm up followed by lots of drills and strides! As they called us to the line, all my Nervs went away and I just felt really focused! After running 5.46 last Tuesday I had set my self a goal of 5.40! I went through all my laps pretty even and with 300 to go I was bang on target, so I picked up the pace to make sure I got the time and I finished in 5.35! I felt absolutely exhausted after the race, mostly because of the last 300. I think I now need to work on making my laps faster! After I did a 1mile cool down jog and lots if stretching!

Now time for my Steeplechase, after arriving at the start line to register, I found out that the other competitor hadn't turned up so I had to run by myself. Again I had done a 1.5mile warm up, but this time my legs had felt very tired! After a few technical problems at the start I was on my way. The first 3 laps wern't so bad, but in the last two my legs just felt so tired, it was a real effort to get over the Barriers! I eventually finished in 9.03! Which I feel I will easily be able to improve! After I did a very lousy cool down, which I'm paying for today!!

Today just did an easy 4mile recovery run 8.26, 8.32, 8.08 and 8.36! Again my legs felt very tired! Hope they're better tomorrow!

 Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment