Wednesday 2 May 2012

Race & Training

After the tough track session on Saturday I did the race for life training on Sunday morning! It was only about a 1mile jog, but it was nice to get some fresh air! We had quite a turn out (including my mum)considering the horrible weather. On Monday I didn't run, but a couple of miles walking over the hills with George and Dad!! Tuesday- at the weekend I had decided that I was going to do the 1500m at the open meeting in Canterbury. I got there did about 1.5mile jog to warm up, followed by some dynamic stretches and strides. Then it was time to race. I knew I wanted to get under 6mins so I wanted to run 1.35 per lap! The gun went off and everyone blasted ahead leaving me right at the back of the pack, but I had soon caught and over taken most of them in the first 300m. I knew my first lap would be a little faster than planned which gave me a little leeway on the second lap. I hit the first lap in 1.26 I slowed the second lap down a little to get back on track I went through 800m in 3.08. For the third lap I just tried to keep a good pace up going through 1200 in 4.44, looking at my watch I knew that if I kept that pace going I would get just under 6.00 so with 300 I picked up the pace to make sure I got the time I wanted. I finished the race in 5.46 so alot quicker than I had hoped for and it was all down to that last 300! After the race I did a couple of laps warm down and some stretches! Wednesday- Nice 4 mile recovery run. 8.29 8.26 7.59 7.48 32.43 Off to Newcastle tomorrow!! Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment