Monday 28 May 2012

Last week

So the week had started well with the fast 6 mile run I did on Monday, but the rest of the week wasn't as good. This is how it went:

Tuesday-
 1.5mile warm up
 10x 90seconds hard running 60seconds recovery
 1.5mile cool down

Wednesday-
 Hurdle mobility
 10x 1min - 100m over a barrier
 10x 30seconds - 100m to get over a barrier
 stretching and core

Thursday-
 Didn't run had hay-fever/cold??!!

Friday-
 Easy 3miles
 24.45
 Average pace 8.15

Saturday-
 Didn't run!

Sunday-
Folkestone Coastal 10k. Yesterday was the Folkestone 10k, after my good 6miler at the beginning of the        week I really wanted to run around 46.30/47.00 minutes, but with the weather being like it has recently (I'm not complaining) this was looking less likely. I made sure I had drunk enough before the race to avoid dehydration! I also didn't want to get to hot before the race, so I didn't do much of a warm up, just some light jogging! The first 5k although very warm went really in 22.31. It was the second 5k into the wind where I struggled. I know that had it not been so hot and windy that I could have definitely run faster. I finished in 47.42.


Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment