Saturday 16 June 2012

run run

Been a bit lazy with my blogging lately! Didn't run much over the half term week, had a cold, so took a couple of days off! I'll start from the relay! Tuesday 12th brought the 3rd round of the South Kent road relays and some pretty miserable weather! Although it had stopped raining in the evening it was still rather gloomy, but perfect conditions for running. This week I ran in the A team as Nikki hadn't been feeling well. Rona ran 1st leg, Lauren on 2nd and I ran 3rd. Luckily Rona and Lauren had opened up a big gap on the next ladies team, so all I had to do was maintain the lead. I ran the 2.64 course in 17.48 averaging 6.43 mile pace, which is a lot slower than I've been running lately, but with not running the previous week and having a cold its still not to bad!

On Wednesday there was an open meeting at Dartford that dad had mentioned, as he wanted to get in another track race before the kent Champs 10000m. We both entered the 3000m, but with only 3 of us in the race there wasn't a lot of competition. Dad won in 10.10 and I ran 12.01, I was really disappointed to be over 12 minutes but having race the night before it wasn't to bad.

Thursday was club night and a few of us decided to run the Three Kings. We took a steady pace and finished the 7.5 mile course in just over an hour! Didn't run yesterday but did an off road run today up Tolsford Hill that I feel "the dark side" would have been proud of, the pace was all over place ranging from 7.42 miles to 11.13 per mile! Took George and he got absolutely covered in mud!!!

Lucy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment